F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

It was my intention to take a holiday in Iran and Turkey but

Customer Question

It was my intention to take a holiday in Iran and Turkey but i have been told that an iranian stamp on my passport would preclude the possibility of entry into the united States.Is this true?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 9 months ago.

Since January 1, you have to have a Visa if you have been to Iran. This link from the US Department of State is quite specific. You can no longer use the Visa Waiver Program.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/01/251577.htm

Can I clarify anything for you? Please rate the service positive so that I get paid. We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That.s fine.Have you any idea what the success rate is?

I think you would have a very good chance of getting a visa unless US authorities are aware of anything untoward in your background or anything untoward with regard to where you’ve visited.I think the majority get accepted but there are no published statistics that I'm aware of

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks . I'll take that.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks .I'll take that.

I am pleased that I was able to help. Best wishes