12826847

My Mother asked a Solicitor to be executor of her will on

Customer Question

My Mother asked a Solicitor to be executor of her will on her death. My Mother passed away and eventually the property was sold and shared equally between my sister and myself.
The Solicitor John Owens, St Asaph North Wales. said he was holding back some money in case any bills came in wanting payment regarding my mothers home.
Several Months have passed and John Owens says he is waiting for Scottish Power to respond to his letter requesting if any money is owed to them by my mother.
Several weeks later he is still repeating the same excuse for not releasing the remaining payment to us,
When asked how things are proceeding, we do not receive a reply, What can we do?
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first?

When was the Property sold?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Property sold last almost 12 months ago and the money from the sale was divided between my sister and I, There was a note saying that money had been kept back from the sale in case of any late bills of my mothers coming in. I quite understand this but then months go by and after I asked the question "What is the Delay?" I am told they are just waiting for Scottish power to respond to their enquiry as to any monies owed, more months go by and John Owens still states they are waiting on Scottish Power. Surely if any money was owing they would have made contact by now?
In the mean time the new owner of my mothers property has moved in and has lived there for 9 months at least, and we are still waiting for contact from the Electric Company? surely not, For whatever reason I think this is a delay tactic, why I do ot know.
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Do you know if the Solicitors put an advert in the paper asking for any creditors to come forward?