Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I believe my x wife made COs against 3 houses in my name and

I believe my x wife made COs against 3 houses in my name and 1 in joint names 1980. We divorced 1983 and she remarried. There was no debt outstanding and no mortgages. If this is true how do I find out and get them removed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly I would request that you obtain the title deed copies from the land registry which can be done here - the cost will be £3 each - https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Once obtained it will tell you if there are any charges and if you can inform me what it states I can tell you how to apply to remove them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all the deeds at my house given to me by solicitors when I bought the houses.not like last 20ys automatically registered with land registry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I,m in Thailand until April. I had difficulty in finding your response on my iPad Ap so I signed in with Google . The writing on my phone was to small. From what your saying I don't think there are any charges unless a solicitor could do it to stop me selling any of the properties. If you can obtain copies of the titles of the deeds I hold I will gladly pay and provide adds and post codes.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

No, I cannot obtain the title deeds but you can do these easily online by checking here: https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

It will cost you £3 for each title and you can check what charges, if any are on there. If you are then able to attach them here using the paperclip icon I can check and inform you how to remove them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enquired about the properties. Answer. There are no titles registered for these properties. As I have previously said , when I bought the properties all before 1982, you either left the deeds with a solicitor or put them in the bank for safe keeping. I did both, but after a while took them out and kept at home. So I presume there can't be any charges against them.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

I see - despite it being unregistered land, charges can still be registered with the Land Registry and you will need to contact the Land Charges department on 0300(###) ###-####/p>