12826847

Am in dispute with a trader re. a second hand car. After

Customer Question

Am in dispute with a trader re. a second hand car. After advice from CAB after waiting more than 7 weeks for a repair at another garage of the traders choice,I was forced to purchase another vehicle to meet the needs we had outlined to the trader before we bought the car, I formally rejected the vehicle by letter. The trader has never contacted me, about this vehicle even though he was the one to say to take it for repair. I'd had had an independant main dealer assess the vehicle before going to see the trader on the first instance and showed him the report.
I have now finally recieved a reply from this trader, full of untruths and misrepresentations, stating that the car is now repaired and ready for collection (even though he signed for registered letter last month stating we were rejecting the vehicle).
He also implies that the "it is stored in their yard awaiting collection" Trading standards won't give advice toother than traders signed up with them.
I have asked CAB do I retreive the car from the repairers? Do I take it back to the trader? What do I do now? With thanks for reply
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

What are you hoping to achieve?