12826847

I recently bought a boat from a broker. It became clear

Customer Question

I recently bought a boat from a broker. It became clear after about 4 months that there was a problem with the outboard engine. A marine engineer looked at it and said it had not been correctly maintained (despite the hand-written service record) and it was beyond economic repair. I told the broker about this and his stance is that he was selling it for a friend and it was not his responsibility.
A friend told me he thought that the "buyer beware" condition no longer applies to items over a certain monetary value.
Please could you say if this is so and if it is, do I have a case if I took the broker to the small claims court?
Thank you for your response.
David Shand
Wimborne, Dorset
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How much did it cost?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The boat and engine and a trailer were £11,250