Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

A ccj has all of a sudden appeared on my credit file and my

Customer Question

A ccj has all of a sudden appeared on my credit file and my score has dramatically changed. This ccj is against an address that I moved from in January 2015. I have called the court to be told in was in relation to a parking ticket on a car that my husband drives even though the lease is in my name. We have never received any information on this to my current address and there was never a ticket on the car. I need advise in order to see where I stand with this. I am completely distraught as going for a new mortgage. Please help. Thanks Angela
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Angela my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have the court sent you any papers in relation to the claim even since you called?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I havnt received any paperwork ever to any address. I only just called yesterday to get an indication what it was in relation to. I only lived in the address temporarily for six months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to know that you deal with this type of topic before I can pay any fee.My credit file has been at 999 for many years and I have never missed a payment my entire life. I need to get it removed.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to ask the court for a copy of the claim form and judgment in default.

Once you have this you know what the claim relates to. Then and only then can you apply to set aside.

You would need to use form n244

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-eng.pdf

There is a court fee to pay. You must show in the application notice that it was either served at the wrong address or that you have a realistic defence to the claim.

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to set aside the ccj.

If the court does then you can send a copy of the court order to Experian, call credit and Equifax who will remove the ccj.

Unless you get an order from the court setting it aside they won't remove it.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can definitely get access to the details just by calling the court? Where did I send the n244 to? (Just the court address again) .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
P.s they confirmed yesterday what it was for. It's for a parking ticket from when my husband went to media city. (The one and only time) Why do I need the papers? Thanks Angela
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Yes. They can send the details. Write or call the court.

Yes send the n244 to the court concerned.

You need the papers so you know what is being claimed, from when and how much.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the amount as it is on my credit file and they have confirmed who it is with.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I suggest getting the documents but if you want to send in the application without seeing them, it is up to you.

I would advise against it as the hearing fee is £255 so you need to make sure you have it right.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not quite., sorry. Just one last question. You would advise against what? And what hearing? I am not familiar with this type of thing. Thanks Angela
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I would advise against making the application before you have a copy of the claim form.

There will be a hearing to decide whether or not to set aside judgment.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeh that sounds great. I will call them just now. Can you please leave this conversation open just in case I have any problems, I will text you straight back to end it. Thanks Angela
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

It remains open in any event. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They have emailed me the details. Thanks for your time......
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Great