Jenny
Jenny, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor specialising in Employment Law and general legal matters. Please start your question For Jenny Only
32019188

A energy company is not excepting the fact that my dad has

Customer Question

A energy company is not excepting the fact that my dad has pass away and are still wrighting to him about gas and electric bill
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you sent them evidence of your father's death?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jenny replied 11 months ago.

Ok the fact that a person has died does not mean that the bill in respect of utilities is immediately written off by the energy company. If there is money left over in your fathers estate after funeral costs have been paid then this money should be used to pay off the energy bill. If there is no money left then there will be no liability to pay the bill. If there is someone dealing with your father's estate then they should be able to contact the energy company to notify them of the position.

I am sorry for your loss.

If you have any further questions please do ask. if I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would take the time to rate my answer. Thank you and all the best.