12826847

I have been given a parking fine by smart parking Ltd for

Customer Question

I have been given a parking fine by smart parking Ltd for over staying the 2hr free parking at Sainsburys in Bath. I ignored the first letter from Smart parking and today I received a letter in the post dated 4/10/16 from Gladstones solicitors saying I need to pay £160 fine. They also say 'our client may now instruct us to take legal action against you in the County Court'.
Can you please advise me on whether I should pay the fine? Martin Lewis MSE website suggests not paying the fine.
Thank you for your help. Karen
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

was the fine due to an overstay?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, in my original question I stated the fine was for over staying the free parking time limit.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Are you willing to risk being sued?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
HelloI was hoping for a yes/no response to should I pay the £160 fine and what will the consequences be of either action.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I've just read some of the reviews for this site and scam watch. I am now going to recover the money from my credit card company because i am not happy with your response which are questions. You have not provided me with an answer and i am not satisfied with the service.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

OK. Good luck.