12826847

I was issued a speeding ticket which I accepted. I was then

Customer Question

I was issued a speeding ticket which I accepted. I was then sent a letter offering me a speed awareness course, (I have had one recently) I tried to accept, not knowing you couldn't do two, and was sent this...... Is what they've offered legally binding?
From:***@******.*** [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: 13 October 2016 14:29
To: ***** *****
Subject: RE: Speeding ticket
Good afternoon
Thank you for your e-mail received at this office. An options letter was sent to you due to an administrative error at this office when recording your Driving Licence. I have now corrected your Driving Licence number and upon checking your record I can see that you completed a course in 2016 for Avon and Somerset Constabulary. As stated in the options letter that you received you can only do one course in three years, therefore a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty will now be issued to you and you should receive this in the next few days. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Kim McMahon
Cynorthwydd Clerigol/ Admin Assistant
Gwasanaethau Cyfiawnder/Justice Services
Uned Diogelwch Camera/Safety Camera Unit
Heddlu De Cymru/ South Wales Police Blwch Swyddfa
Post 95/PO Box 95 Pontypridd. CF37 9DH
Ffon/Tel: 01443 660402
E-bost:***@******.***
E-mail:***@******.***
From: Sadie Kayam [mailto***@******.***]
Sent: 13 October 2016 11:05
To: ***** ***** SUPPORT
Subject: Speeding ticket
I have been offered a speed awareness course but when I’ve tried to book they have said that I am unable to take it as I have done one in the last 2 years. I have sought legal advice on this and have been advised that as I have it in writing I should be able to attend the course. I would therefore like to speak to somebody about getting booked on, as I am unable to do it through TTC.
Driver Number: WARD9852278SM9MC 29
REF: KSCU/0623051525517420
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards, *****
______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud service.
For more information please visit http://www.symanteccloud.com
Ydych chi angen siarad gyda'r heddlu ond nad oes angen ymateb brys arnoch? Ffoniwch 101? Gellir defnyddio'r rhif i roi gwybod am achos nad yw'n un brys i unrhyw heddlu yng Nghymru a Lloegr.
Mewn argyfwng, ffoniwch 999 bob amser.
Do you need to speak to police but don't require an emergency response? Call 101? The number can be used to report a non-emergency to any force in Wales and England.
In an emergency, always dial 999.
________________________________________
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, the offer isn't binding.

They usually make these offers with almost everybody and then withdraw them where they cannot lawfully be accepted or otherwise offends against their policy.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

the offer of a speed awareness course is purely a matter of choice on their part.

I suppose they could be judicially reviewed for fairness but this isn't offend against fairness as you are just no eligible because of the other matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no that's great, thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/