13262538

Recently, had a final order. My husband was ordered to

Recently, had a final order. My husband was ordered to transfer the title of a property with me but hasn't. He also did not fully comply with the final order. I need to try and get these enforced, should I hold fire with the decree absolute until this is resolved, so we can continue through the family court. Does it not make a difference? I would like an absolute as his financial situation is vary precarious, and incase anything happens to me.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Just for clarity - you have an Order sealed by the court dealing with all the financial issues?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi ClareThe order was sorted at a final hearing, I have tried to add it, but cant see, to do it. But if you mean by sealed, it was typed up and sent by the court to me. It dealt with the financial issue, ordering my husband out of the property and to transfer the title to me. He left the property although breaching the order by taking property from it. He has not yet transferred the title and is unlikely to. I hope that helps.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You can go ahead with the Decree Absolute immediately - you have the final financial order and technically it only comes into effect from the Decree Absolute

You should then arrange for the Preparation of the Transfer documentation and send it to your ex.

If he has not signed it after 28 days then you can apply to the court for the Judge to sign it instead

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details