12826847

It's regarding a caution plus 3 interview i have next week

Customer Question

hi, it's regarding a caution plus 3 interview i have next week
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what do you need? the allegations are being made by my ex partner
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
who i haven't seen in 3 months. I've not been provided with any information on this allegation. I have had correspondence with my ex via email - some of which was emotionally charged. The most recent from myself (3 weeks ago) was simply trying to establish the wishes of my ex in regards ***** ***** of her property remaining in the flat
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i'm trying to establish what info i'm entitled to before the interview, whether I should seek legal advice in the interview itself and potential repercussions of declining to comment
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I ŵill help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, Its in relation to the breakup of my relationship approx 3 months ago. It did not end on good terms (with my ex moving out of our jointly rented flat and leavving many of her belongings behind) - initially after the breakup there was email correspondence both ways - much of it emotionally charged. All contact stopped approx 2 months ago and I've made several (3-4 attempts) to email her since (with a much more matter of fact tone, without emotion) trying to establish what she wants doing with her remaining belongings and a cat which she owns. I've not heard anything from her at all until a call from the police on Mon asking me to attend an interview under caution next week under suspicion of harassment
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Am I able to find out any more information on the charge before the interview? Is it advisable to seek legal help during the interview and are the police likely to be looking to charge me for an offence when I have not been arrested
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure the extent of the scope of advise you can provide - correspondence both ways was heated in the days after the breakup - with many non-truths written by both parties. As this has cooled down in the following weeks any attempt at contact on my part has been strictly professional and to the point. is it within the remit of the police to establish harassment (which frankly could be said of both parties 3 months ago) in the past and pursue these claims rather than to focus on the present - which can be demonstrated as being fair, rational and not at all overwhelming