Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
What is it you want to be able to achieve plese?
1) If it was not protected then it makes no difference what excuse you had, it is a breach of the law.
All you can do is return the deposit to prevent any claim.
2) You can protect now, but it does not stop any claim
3) There is no other document you need to get signed
4) No, it does not need a notary
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
There is no guarantee no.
I cant help you with the second part of your question, it is the Government that pass the laws.
Can I clarify anything else for you?
There is nothing you can do at this stage. If you had paid the agent to do this you may have a claim for negligence.
But sadly there your options are limited at the moment.
Can I clairfy anything else for you?
1. It depends what your contract with the agent says. It you instructed them to do it then you case is fantastic.
2. Around 10% of any claim value.
3. There is no criteria, it will be x3 deposit, that is the law.
4. Yes you may be able to get insurance and would need to speak to a broker
5. Yes many tenants do take landlord to court.
Does that clarify?
No. 99% of cases are not reported and lawyers don't have access.
Does that clairfy?
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.
I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.
Yes that seems fine.
Please can I ask you to rate my answer, otherwise the site does not pay me and I do not get any credit whatsoever for all the time spent with you.