31090051

I signed - digitally- a contract to market a house. -company

Customer Question

Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Sorry hit wrong key Signed with local agent - Freeman Forman to market my house-- talks about cooling off period. '' if I subsequently choose to cancel the contract during our statutory cooling off period, I agree to pay the sum of £500+VAT to cover your costs'' I signed on 11Oct ie Tues but the work since has been substandard & I feel I should cancel but am I really subject to a fee when one is not happy about the work?
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

You can repudiate the contract if the other party is in material breach of the contract. So you have to list why you're not happy and if they are in material breach you wouldn't have to pay them.