Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My ex partner and I broke up several years ago, since then I

My ex partner and I broke up several years ago, since then I have tried reasonably to get the 35k I loaned him. I have no idea what to do next. Please can you help. I have been seriously ill which he knows but still ignores me, and could do with the money more than ever. Thank you.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have evidence it was a loan rather than a 'gift'?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the money was made by a number if transfers each one saying my name and loan, I dont know if they all said loan but they all said my name. Thirteen transactions to him over 18. Months to help his businesses. K
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Given this is above £10,000 then you may need representation for the trial as this will be a 'multi track' claim.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just one thing. I'm not sure if his address now, he also got married and had a child and I wouldn't want them involved in this! K
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ah. You need to know where he is or the rules say you can serve at the last known address

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry one last question. I have legal cover through Tesco insurance would they be able to help SNF I know his mums address. K
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

They may be able to help give legal cover, but you need to check the policy wording.

It cant be his mums address, but his last known residential address

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does clarify. You can turn your clock off now :-). You have been very helpful. Thanks. K
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

We don't have a clock, but I can go to bed!

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** K
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Bye! Night.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh it should say night. Sorry!
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I assumed that is what it was meant to be!
Please dont forget to rate before you to. Thanks!