Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

It's regarding a caution plus 3 interview i have next week

Customer Question

hi, it's regarding a caution plus 3 interview i have next week
the allegations are being made by my ex partnerwho i haven't seen in 3 months. I've not been provided with any information on this allegation. I have had correspondence with my ex via email - some of which was emotionally charged. The most recent from myself (3 weeks ago) was simply trying to establish the wishes of my ex in regards ***** ***** of her property remaining in the flati'm trying to establish what info i'm entitled to before the interview, whether I should seek legal advice in the interview itself and potential repercussions of declining to commentIts in relation to the breakup of my relationship approx 3 months ago. It did not end on good terms (with my ex moving out of our jointly rented flat and leavving many of her belongings behind) - initially after the breakup there was email correspondence both ways - much of it emotionally charged. All contact stopped approx 2 months ago and I've made several (3-4 attempts) to email her since (with a much more matter of fact tone, without emotion) trying to establish what she wants doing with her remaining belongings and a cat which she owns. I've not heard anything from her at all until a call from the police on Mon asking me to attend an interview under caution next week under suspicion of harassmentAm I able to find out any more information on the charge before the interview? Is it advisable to seek legal help during the interview and are the police likely to be looking to charge me for an offence when I have not been arrestedI'm not sure the extent of the scope of advise you can provide - correspondence both ways was heated in the days after the breakup - with many non-truths written by both parties. As this has cooled down in the following weeks any attempt at contact on my part has been strictly professional and to the point. is it within the remit of the police to establish harassment (which frankly could be said of both parties 3 months ago) in the past and pursue these claims rather than to focus on the present - which can be demonstrated as being fair, rational and not at all overwhelming
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did your ex ever tell you to stop?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
since the breakup? she indicated several times she wanted the matter dealt with and closed but this left several administrative issues unresolved - tenancy agreements, utility bills from previous year etc.at the beginning contact from both parties was emotionally charged - at one point I was speaking to her sister as a proxy to try and sort the outstanding admin. All contact from her side stopped completely and I've intermittently tried to get in contact to establish what she would like to do with her possessions etc. all recent communication has been nothing other than professional and to the point. Harassment (particularly in the recent past) seems heavy handed but I have no legal view on this
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you available for a phone conversation? my number is *****

it looks like you didnt accept the additional service. If you do then I can call, otherwise we can keep it online

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've accepted the phone offer on this page and paid - do you not have confirmation?

On my side, it shows for the answer and £0 for the phone call.

Let me just get a moderator to look at this, then I will report back soonest.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hmm I'm seeing i've paid £43.19 - let me know if i need to do anything

Sure, let me come back to you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thank you. assuming I have paid correctly can you give me 5 mins notice before calling?likewise let me know if I've made an error in the booking

Of course!