12826847

I am working for the company of delivering goods on a van.

Customer Question

hello.i am working for the company of delivering goods on a van. has been working for 4 weeks and still did not get paid.has been informed that I will received payment for the 1st week of work next Tuesday and then even week after that.but still for 3 weeks it looks like they will hold my wages as a deposit.are they allowed to do so?also,i still did not have any contract with them and I damaged the company car while I was delivering the goods - sonnet personal use.they also told me that I would need to pay the excess of £500 for that.i was not aware of any excess fee before and they even did not check the car before I start using it and I did not sign anything confirming the state of the car before start using it.they told me that will deduct £75 per week to cover this excess.are they allowed to do so or not?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello ben
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked for the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 weeks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is the 4th week
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

OK thank you, ***** ***** it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.