12826847

I am due to start trial at Magistrates court for drug

Customer Question

I am due to start trial at Magistrates court for drug driving. I have failed to attend once, that was because I wasn't feeling well. Court issued arrest warrant, handed myself in and was remanded in custody for around 5hrs. Was given unconditional bail to attend court on the 06/10/2016 after video link to Judge. I am on Universal Credits (benefit) and I have found work as a Homebased Digital Marketer and working 40hrs per week. The decision could go against me in court and I could lose my driving licence, hence working from home is ideal. I am unable to take any days off as I was in my training period. On 6/10/16 I was supposed to be at court at 9.30am but was unable to go due to my employer's agreement that within the training period, I am not allowed any day's off and have to complete 40hrs per week otherwise failure to do so and I would not be offered work for 4 weeks. I called my solicitor and explained the situation. He called back mid-day to say if I can come before 3.30pm there is a possibility that the judge could hear my case. I arrived at 2.10pm and was told by Court Usher arrest warrant has been issued to go police station.
I have proof as the job centre has paid over £200 for me to attend the in-house 2 week training and 4 weeks are mandatory at home training to verify employment.
I have email's from my employer and the job-centre as proof.
MY QUESTION IS, CAN/WILL JUDGE REMAND ME IN CUSTODY FOR FAILURE TO TURN UP TO COURT?
The trail had been set to begin on 6/10/16 and I was told they will be discussing the outline's of the case.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

does your employer know about this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jobcentre does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't call as working