12826847

I have been accused of an assault roughly a month ago by

Customer Question

I have been accused of an assault roughly a month ago by someone who has also been accusing my fiancé of bullying her. On the day that I supposedly assaulted her I was out of town and have a receipt from the place of which we stayed. Legally can anyone help us and what should I do now? The police have her phone which means they also have the receipt from when we were away.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

have you been charged with any offence yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No I have only been informed of the accusation today as my fiancé was taken into custody last night and questioned this morning. As of yet no one has spoken to me about it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the delay.

I'm not sure what you are asking specifically?

Are you asking if you should plead not guilty?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Of course not, I wasn't there and don't know this person. Like I said I was out of town and I'm not guilty and will be pleading this. I need to know how I can protect myself from this accusation and how I can protect my job ad I am in a care profession.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean?

Any of us could be the subject of a false allegation at any time as has been evidenced by recent headlines.

You can't prevent that happening as indeed Ched Evans could not.

all you can do is defend it if it does and hope the court reach the right verdict.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How would I go about doing that?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

It depends on the case and the evidence.

There are no magic wands.

I suppose the answer is that you give evidence in a way that is believed but how that is done is a question that cannot really be answered.