How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6904
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

I am a pharmacist. I committed VAT fraud and alter

Customer Question

Dear sir/madam,
My name is***** and I am a pharmacist. I committed VAT fraud and alter prescriptions for purchasing quota medicines. I understand I will be sentence next month. Is any chance can you give me advice to reduce my sentence. Thanks.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

Dear Conrad

The court will ask if there are any mitigating factors that you wish the court to take into account before they sentence you.

Mitigating factors are reasons why you committed the offence, why the circumstances were such that you went against your normal law abiding behaviour and also to show the court that this situation is unlikely to ever arise again.

The loss of the money to your company is likely to have put pressure on you , did you feel that you might lose your home , were you worried how you might support your family if the business failed and worry about your relationship? It is these kind of factors that show to the court how a normally law abiding respectable person can find themselves in this position.

You need to consider what factors affected you at the time when the offences were committed.

Best wishes