Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

I am a pharmacist. I committed VAT fraud and alter

Customer Question

Dear sir/madam,
My name is***** and I am a pharmacist. I committed VAT fraud and alter prescriptions for purchasing quota medicines. I understand I will be sentence next month. Is any chance can you give me advice to reduce my sentence. Thanks.
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 11 months ago.

Dear Conrad

The court will ask if there are any mitigating factors that you wish the court to take into account before they sentence you.

Mitigating factors are reasons why you committed the offence, why the circumstances were such that you went against your normal law abiding behaviour and also to show the court that this situation is unlikely to ever arise again.

The loss of the money to your company is likely to have put pressure on you , did you feel that you might lose your home , were you worried how you might support your family if the business failed and worry about your relationship? It is these kind of factors that show to the court how a normally law abiding respectable person can find themselves in this position.

You need to consider what factors affected you at the time when the offences were committed.

Best wishes

Michael