Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

How do i find out which is my boundery around my property.

Customer Question

how do i find out which is my boundery around my property.
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you have your Deeds to hand? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i do not have deeds.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Well, the first thing you need to do is to obtain a copy of your Deeds. You can obtain a copy from the Land Registry website (called "Official Copies") for a nominal fee. Once you have obtained a copy (it will be about 3 pages long), it may set out which boundaries you are responsible for. If it does not, but the Official Copies refer to a Conveyance or Transfer, you would then need to obtain a copy of this Conveyance/Transfer to see if this document refers to any boundary responsibilities- you will also be able to obtain a copy of any Transfer/Conveyance from the Land Registry. I must say, probably only 50% of properties have defining boundary responsibilities- if there is nothing in the Deeds indicating which boundary/boundaries are your responsibility, then legally, both you and your respective neighbour are jointly responsible for maintaining the respective boundary. I hope this assists and answers your question. Kind Regards Al