Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I paid for a course of 15 driving lessons for my grand

good afternoon
I paid for a course of 15 driving lessons for my grand daughter with a firm called DRIVE DYNAMICS. The first 10 passed with out any concern, on the day of the eleventh lesson the instructor did not arrive at the time scheduled, My grand daughter tried on numerous occasions to make contact and on or about the forth day she received a text message advising her that he [the instructor] owing to an accident he will not be able to carry on with the lessons for a few weeks.
4 weeks passed with no communication from the instructor despite numerous telephone calls and text messages being made I contacted DRIVE DYNAMICS only to be informed that the instructor is no longer part of the firm and has not been for the past 10 weeks, they had no knowledge of his accident[ strange his accident occurred at or around the same time he left the DRIVE DYNAMICS.
Apparently all DRIVE DYNAMICS INSTRUCTORS are SELF EMPLOYED you as a customer book and pay DRIVE DYNAMICS who locate an Instructor in your area who agrees to undertake the driving lessons and is paid in full at that time by DRIVE DYNAMICS.
I enquired from DRIVE DYNAMICS what procedure do I adopt to recover the cost of the remaining lessons, I was informed by DRIVE DYNAMICS that refunds can only be retrieved from the nominated instructor.
10 days have passed since I have tried to contact the named instructor by telephone ,email and letter all have gone unanswered.
Where do I stand in law to have the costs refunded.
IS THE PARENT COMPANY ''DRIVE DYNAMICS liable to refund the customer as I believe when I paid the full amount of the driving lessons I entered into a contract with them?
Respectfully *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
THANKS

Is this company, Drive Dynamics, able to provide you with his address and contact details?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
writted emailed and telephonedno response to all 3
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
to the named instructor
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
hi all gone quiet from you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
could you advise me what is occurring
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.please explain

Hi there. Apologies for the slight delay and thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

I have looked into your query in more detail but unfortunately it is not something I can assist with. I will therefore ‘opt out’ and a colleague better placed to deal with the nature of your query should hopefully pick this up soon. Please do not reply in the meantime as that will just assign the question back to me and you will experience a delay. Thank you

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much do you want to claim please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
from the total paid the number of driving lessons remaining totals £72.00it is the principal not cost is the issue and if it was for this firm being part of '''RIP OFF BRITAIN'' that was on television a few weeks ago I put this down experienceThe parent firm did give me the details if the instructor which I tried to contact but no responseI was wondering if I had any redress towards the parent company?thanksKen

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The parent companyDRIVE DYNAMICSORDRIVING INSTRUCTOR
ORBOTH?Thanks for you assistanceKen

Both.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor