29905560

The company have ask me sign that I wont smoke in the car

Customer Question

the company have ask me sign that I wont smoke in the car park at work can they do this
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Does this apply to all employees?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as far as I know yes but if the company is claiming no responsibility for my car now are they responsible when they are banding me from smoking in it
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

How long have you worked there for and are there existing policies dealing with no smoking in the car park or on company property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's ok can you help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been there at the site for coming up 9years and up until the new company you could smoke in the car park until about 6 weeks ago the is a smoke hut on site for the smokers but not in the car park
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know when the law came out about smoking about smoking in the work place it was for inclose spaces but our car park is fenced off from the main site and you have to enter though a gate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not under cover
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks I am just travelling home, I will be able to call within 30mins or so

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide your phone number please in the private message area