Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Me and my partner accidentally walked out of asda without

Hi me and my partner accidentally walked out of asda without paying for £23 worth of items. The security guard waited for us to leave the store even though after paying for out items I then decided to maybe buy some dinner before we left. They then took us to the detention room and questioned us with really listening.we said it was a mistake and offered to pay for the items. No police where involved at the time and we received a ban from the store but said the police may visit us at home. We are a bit concerned as at the time we had our two children with us and was distracted and on a rush as my partner runs a sandwich shop and had a buffet which needed to be delivered.We are not sure on what will happen as we have never been in trouble before and are a bit worried. Thanks
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We would just like to know what may happen as no police where involved at the time and the security guard mentioned us using the children and social services potentially being involved. This was not the case as the items was a case of beer and wine and a card and candles which the children did put in without us knowing.

I would not worry too much. You have been banned by the store, so you cant go back.

But if this was a genuine mistake then the Police or social services are not likely to be interested.

Its just a threat, to make sure you dont do it again.

But dont worry about this, it happens occasionally and you were not being dishonest, so the Police wont be interested.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that's great thank you we have wrote a letter apologising to the store but are unsure whether it is wise to send it or just leave it thanks

no, let sleeping dogs lie.......

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No problem thank you fir your help

Have a great weekend.