12826847

Born in UK holding a British passport. My wife is Thai and

Customer Question

I am British born in UK holding a British passport. My wife is Thai and we were legally married in Thailand 9 years ago. My stepson is Thai and attended international school since kindergarten and now 15. He is far more English than Thai and speaks fluent English and little Thai. I want to return to U.K. With my son and later my wife owing to a business she operates there. I need to get him legalized in UK ASAP as he will need to go to school and live here as from next September. I need advice on the folllowing? 1. Is our marriage considered legal in UK. Do I need need to officially adopt my stepson and if so here or in Thailand. Do I need to marry my wife in UK if my Thai marriage is not considered legal here.
In short having shared the hospitality of their country for the last 12 years how do I now go about returning here with my family and live happily ever after?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

What income and capital will you have when you come to the UK?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the process of selling my home in Thailand which is on the market for $1,000,000 US. It is being advertised in most Asian capitals. We have a family business which supports our life style for which accounts are available.
The intention is to buy a smaller house here in UK and we have another house in Thailand we shall use there, as my wife will continue to travel backwards and forwards to oversee the business.
The another problem is that I will be turning 65 in June next year and eligible for my UK pension, will this have a detrimental effect on that situation.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is your income from the business?