13262538

I am a resident permit holder in the United Kingdom with a

Customer Question

I am a resident permit holder in the United Kingdom with a limited leave to remain.i have two kids but I understand I cannot claim benefit due to my status.my question is can anyone else who is entitle claim or can I can I also claim since the children are entitled please thanks?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If I allowed a family member who is entitle to claim child benefit and child tax credit,can this affect me when renewing my permit?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can anyone reply me ASAP please I need urgent help
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the immigration status of the father of the children

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He is a British,I don't even know his where about..am sure he might claim benefits but I don't receive them...he applied the passport for the kids,in this case he has them and has refused to give them to me and when it comes to holidays I don't even know how I can get their passports for the journey .at the moment am sharing the same room with my boys in one of my relatives house. Help me please thanks
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I also have their birth certificates with me
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

Have you applied for Child Maintenance from him?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No please ..is there any way I can take the passport from him as well please?I don't know his current address so am not sure how to apply for the child maintenance
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

The only person entitled to apply for the benefits is your ex.

You can apply to the Child Maintenance Service for them to assess Child Maintenance

Details here

https://www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/how-to-apply

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I really appreciate your help but if I may ask how do I also take their passports from him please ?
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You will have to make a separate application under the Children Act - but if you do do your ex may use it to apply for contact with the children

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I don't understand the application for contacting my children can u explain a little further please
Expert:  Clare replied 9 months ago.

You can apply to the Family Court for a Specific Issue Order for the return of the passports using a Form C100

However if you make that application then at the same hearing your ex can apply for a Court Order allowing him to have contact with the children