Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My daughter is 12 and wants to gain some experience with

Customer Question

My daughter is 12 and wants to gain some experience with animals as wants to be a vet.
A local lady who owns a cattery (plus many of her own personal animals) has said she can help (unpaid) for a few hours on a Saturday morning.
Both parties are unsure if she can do this, I've looked online and I'm confused as some sites says they can volunteer and others say no!
I understand they have public liability insurance and that they are allowed to take school children for work experience but year 10 is normally 15 years of age.
My daughter is so keen to do this and wondered if this is possible. Even if it means only helping with her own personal animals and not the business.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

It is down to the business. The minimum age usually for insurance is 10 years old.

But it is down to the organisation and what the insurers say. They usually set the age limits and requirements.

But 10 years is normally the minimum

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** email her today and get her to check with her insurance then.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Should be done now.

Thanks!