Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We have exchanged with the claimant standard disclosure by

we have exchanged with the claimant standard disclosure by list at the appointed time
the claimant sent his list 10 minutes later.
The claimant has included all his documents by category for example all correspondence from the council and all correspondence from the claimants agents without identifying anything document by document.
The claimant says that they do not have to identify individual documents.
Is this correct
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes for standard disclosure. However you can ask for an item by list if you want that or the Court has ordered it.

But generally it is by category and not by list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the instructions on the CPR that the intention is to reduce the amount of documents by showing your evidence to the other party is not correct? We have showed them our entire defence document by document. The district judge told us that the timing was to prevent cheating and that we would face serious consequences if we did not get this right and that we would find it difficult to perform this task within the month given
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not represented so are litigants in person. also murder victims so we have reasonable adjustment. we can not afford a lawyer. So totally dependent on public information
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

you do it by category then by list. The cpr is clear on this.

If you want disclosure on a detailed item by item basis you should ask them and say if they do not you will make an application to court.

If they still do not then make an application to court that they provide disclosure by list.

You can do this on form n244

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/n244-eng.pdf

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for the moment yes you have clarified the issue thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!