Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Briefly, Whilst away on holiday, I had allowed two workman

Briefly,
Whilst away on holiday, I had allowed two workman to enter my home to carry out repairs. (a grade two listed building). Whilst I was away a Local Government conservation officer entered my home and proceeded to inspect my home and to take photographs. The workman stated to me upon my return that he had simply walked in to the house without permission and took photographs despite the workmen asking him not to. I complained to the local authority and was told that the Conservation officer had behaved lawfully and that the workmen had invited him in to the house.
As far as I can see, the Conservation officer had no legal right to enter my home and further he didn’t follow PACE regulations I would like to bring a claim against the local authority for trespass and aggravated damages.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like damages and to teach the local authority a lesson.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.