How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10527
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

My Mother has a multi family visit visa issued for 2 years

Resolved Question:

My Mother has a multi family visit visa issued for 2 years with duration of stay - 180 days. It expires on 31 May 2017. She has already stayed with me on this visa for about 5 months last year. Can she come again and spend another few months with me?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

1. Dear Elina, your mother can return and spend more time with you in the future so long as she does not exceed spending six months in any 12 month period in the UK. The multiple entry visitor visas allow one to travel to the United Kingdom for 6 months out of 12 months. One is only allowed to spend a maximum of 6 months out of 12 months in the UK. Once 6 months in the UK have passed, you will need to leave the UK for 6 months. The permit holder does not need to return to their home country, and are allowed to travel to any other country as long as they are outside the UK. The visitor visa is multiple entry, which means one do not need to travel and stay for the full 6 months in the UK. For example one can travel for 2 months to the UK and leave for 2 months, travel again for 2 months and leave for 2 month etc., as long as the permit holder does not stay in the UK for more than 6 months per 12 months. So, the five months last year will not prevent her spending six months in the UK this year.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 9 months ago.

2. If you have any further questions, I will be happy to help. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment for answering your question.

Buachaill and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you very much

Related Law Questions