Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased a 2 bedroom terrace house last year but feel my

I purchased a 2 bedroom terrace house last year but feel my solicitor failed to act on the surveyors report but told me it was fine. I am now faced with a very large bill to fix the problem .I feel my solicitor should have asked for structural report or advised me not to purchase property
Surveyors report stated that lean to exterior wall is considered to be within acceptable level but opening up suggests movement could be progressive and there maybe lack of restrain between roof and wall .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you not read the surveyors report yourself?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Ok. It says it's within acceptable limits though?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

What is it you want to achieve ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't received a reply from youself yet please reply. I do not want you to phone at a cost of f44.00 just what I paid for which was £33.00 for advice only.Thank you
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

I asked what is it you want to achieve?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to kmow if my solicitor was negligent as I feel he should have advised me better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok then I haven't received a response . Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please reply , I have paid £33.00 and you have not given me reply to my answer.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Advised you to get a different report? If your Solicitor an expert when it comes to structural issues?
What is the cost of putting it right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand your advice
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Forgive me, it was not advice but a question - what is the cost of rectifying the defects you highlight?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I don't feel that you have given me any advice.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

i have not given you advice yet. I need to know what is the cost of rectification to put good the works?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cost will be £6,500 to put tight .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £6500 to put right within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you , does it matter if it was a cash purchase ?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

No difference at all.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you .
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!