12826847

Ive sent my car to a place to have a recon engine fitted pay

Customer Question

hello ive sent my car to a place to have a recon engine fitted pay the money sopke to the police also the bank say i cant clam any money back that this place has done this to a few people they are based in birmingham engine services*****b19 3ht benn up there nothing there the policetold me they do trade from there but dont open much its been four weeks now what can i do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

I'm really sorry but I'm not sure I understand what has happened here?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i found a company on line based in birmingham who supply recon engines for cars they took my car on the 17/9/2016 they still have my car now which tey told mewould only take five days to do i got a call from them to weeks later saying all done i made a payment of 2495 he said your car will be with you next day they still have my car and money now and this week will be five week s ive spoke to west midlands police
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are you there
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Sorry but why are the police involved in this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

I will make an offer as you have asked but we could carry on online for no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the police are involed because thry told me they have had problems with this company its not just me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

No, but did you report to them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i went up there friday to the garage no one there rang the police they took a statement and then asked me to go round to the station to see someone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Ok. So if it is subject to a criminal investigation what were you hoping to do?

It would seem he is being investigated?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
dont know my bank say i cant clam back the money do i ring my insurance and report my car missing or what i dont know what to do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

You can make a missing report although you will have to tell them the truth. That is that it is missing but you know who has it. Probably they won't cover it as it is not proven to be stolen at this stage.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

You would sue the person in question but you will have to locate him.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Or it might be better to wait for the outcome of the police investigation as they will be identified then.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok i understaned if i call them he dose pick up the phone but it seems just the same thing i get told just spoke to him now he rekons my car is comeing back thursday now ment to be getting refund but the four days are up now
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

Do you know his address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i do know it
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

I suppose you could issue against him at the small claims court for the value or an injunction at the county court but I would wait for the outcome of the investigation. Otherwise you are just throwing good money after bad.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok thank you very much for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 month ago.

No problem.

All the best.