Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have filed a petition for divorce on a five year

Customer Question

hi
I have filed a petition for divorce on a five year seperation. My ex has gone missing
but he has assets in the uk
can the court put an order in for finacial settlement in his absence?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
9 years married
40 plus
3 - 18, 17 and 16
1 million - 250 mortgage
neither
assets in houses
no income
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just want to know if in the absence of him can the court proceed with a financial order
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

I see, thank you. You are entitled to seek financial relief using Form A arising out of the marriage, however, the court will want you to demonstrate and evidence that you have used and exhausted all options to find and serve him with the application - such as using a tracing agent, family, friends and process servers - before proceeding to further stages in the proceedings.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 9 months ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.