12826847

Our neighbour has put up a cat repellent (mosquito

Hi, our neighbour has put up a cat repellent (mosquito repeller)frequency unit and it is causing the children in the house to constantly hear this, it is hurting their ears, they are crying and don't want to be in the house but the neighbour won't turn it off and the police say we need to go through the environment agency, do you have any advice please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Doesn't it only sound when cats are near?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It goes off with any movement, like rain, but she has it on a constant sound and then it peaks with movement like rain etc, can we speak please?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I see extra for a call, so if okay can we stay on here please :)
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

How often does it sound?

I presume you are not there most of the day?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It is my sister who lives my house with her two children, it is on 24/7 on an on-going frequency so they hear it all the time, when there is movement it escalates, they are sometime home when they don't have classes in the day
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

That isn't a police matter. They are right. That is one for Environmental Health as it is a noise nuisance potentially.

They will tell you to complete a noise diary for 28 days. If that is completed they will investigate.

If they find a case to answer they will seek a noise abatement notice breach of which is an offence that they can prosecute.

The noise does have to be more than would reasonably be expected. She is entitled to use cat deterrent methods and everybody makes a degree of noise.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
My Niece had blood in her ear yesterday, that is not liveable like that. If they find a case to answer they will seek a noise abatement notice breach of which is an offence that they can prosecute - sorry what is that?Is there nothing more urgent we can do while the environment agency investigate?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

There is no way of dealing with a noise nuisance by means of emergency Im afraid.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can it not be a form of child abuse? They can't live with a high pitch screeching in their ears?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
If they find a case to answer they will seek a noise abatement notice breach of which is an offence that they can prosecute - could you explain what this is please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No. This is not child above.

It is a noise nuisance maybe.

Not every nuisance amounts to abuse.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
okay thanks - If they find a case to answer they will seek a noise abatement notice breach of which is an offence that they can prosecute - could you explain what this is please?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

If she breaches a noise abatement notice she can be prosecuted for that.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
okay thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No problem.

All the best.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do we end this, what do I pay
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

You don't need to do anything else at all except rate my answer.

All the best.