How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask F E Smith Your Own Question

F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9199
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

I am applying for naturalisation. One of my referees made a

Customer Question

I am applying for naturalisation. One of my referees made a mistake on the application form and corrected it immediaetly by crossing some wrong information out and entering correct one related number of years she known me. She is out of the country for some time now and I cannot access her. Are errors are viewed as 'suspicious' on the form,shall I send the form as it is or wait for it till she returns and ask to fill it in again?
Many thanks.
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Nicola,Thank you for getting back to me, I am happy to wait for an answer.Regards,Hajni
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  F E Smith replied 8 months ago.

It would have obviously been better to complete a new form but, provided the original crossing out did not obliterate the original information and there is no suggestion that it has been altered by anyone other than the person completing the form, then a simple crossing out with the original text legible and the correction being made is generally acceptable in legal documents.

However the authorities do not look at these things in isolation. They would look at the form in total and if this was the only error or issue for them, they probably wouldn’t be bothered. However if there are other details on the form which concern them, this change may compound any other concerns they raise within the data.

For that reason, you have to give it the best shot and have as little causes for concern as possible. This in itself would not lead to rejection but it could do along with other things.

Hence, my suggestion to you would be to wait for her return and ask her to complete a new form.

If it was, for example, just a court money claim application, there would be no harm in sending as it is. However because of the nature of the document in the naturalisation process, I think it’s imperative it is right first time.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive so that I get paid. We can still exchange emails afterwards.

Best wishes.


What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions