Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I believe I have been unfairly charged for energy generated

Customer Question

I believe I have been unfairly charged for energy generated by solar power and biomass as a tenant. Further the property was advertised as being cheap to heat because of biomass heating. Please can you tell me what regulations govern this and who can I take the case to? Thank you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Steve ********
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Do you have a number we can chat on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The situation is that we have determined that the landlady is charging at approx 6p per kWh for biomass and approx. 13p kWh for solar. The property was advertised as having biomass and we were told it was cheap. It has since been readvertised as being cheap ( we moved) out recently). We have questions on whether she can pick a price or whether there are regs on max price. We suspect that she is claiming RHI benefits and the principle is that this should not be used to make profit. Lastly, can the landlady qualify as a supplier when using solar or she acting as a reseller when it is dark and solar can not be used. We understand that resale is regulated. My number is07968867816. The most convenient time for me would be 9:15to 13:00. Thank you! Kind regards. Steve

Apologies as I have been in Court today. Are you available tomorrow?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi, no problem. Would 10:00am work for you? I am available on 07968 867816. Thanks!

Sure.