12826847

I'd like a specialist to look through my current lease for

Customer Question

I'd like a specialist to look through my current lease for commercial property in order to advise me on the best moment to break it. The conditions in the lease are unclear to me, as I read it, the landlord is not returning my emails. Can you help and how much would that cost?
Alina
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is an urgent matter, you need to get back to me asap, it is just a lease contract, if you can't find me the right person, it means you are fake and you are just stealing people's money, which I would gladly spread the word about. I paid, you must find someone to advise me on the matter now. I am not happy how you have dealt with my question so far, please make that right.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
If we cannot assist then we offer a full refund, so we are not stealing your money. You will not be out of pocket.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How many pages is the document?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. It is 42 pages, of which there are just a few sentences about break clause, notice required and lease termination. I need someone (a lawyer) to 'translate' them to me, so that I give my notice in the best possible moment and also would like to know how much I am going to loose if I can't give enough notice. I will really appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as possible and if you are willing to have a look at the lease for me. Many thanks, Alina

Is it just to translate the termination/break clauses, nothing else?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I can't understand if I have missed the moment to take advantage of the break clause, the way it is written in my lease and I need to know what happens if I have, as well as what is the notice required in terms of time in order to terminate my lease and possibly get my deposit back. I am attaching the lease, please have a look.

I can look at this but given its 42 pages, it will be an additional cost.

I can look at JUST the termination/break clause for the additional offer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do I actually get for the 38 GBP I have already paid?

The initial fee is to ask a question and if the expert considers that they can do it for that price then fine. So for example if you had copied the termination clause here and asked can I get out of it, I can answer that.

But if you require me to look through a 42 page document, assuming it is 60 seconds per page that is 42 minutes. Then need to consider the contents and write my advice. Lets assume thats an hour in total.

Thats 1 hour with a Solicitor for £38. Bearing in mind Solicitors generally charge £200 an hour, you see its not economical.