12826847

A crown court case in which I have an interest has been

A crown court case in which I have an interest has been listed for further hearing following the PTPH. Will the date for trial already have been determined or will this be set at the further hearing? I have been given a trial date in early January but there is no event recording of this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

It depends what the further hearing is?

Is this just for case management?

Or pre trial review?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Unfortunately I don't know - it is a historical sexual offence case and just shows as listed for a date in November - I am professionally rather than personally connected with the defendant
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

There is no way of knowing then.

Generally speaking a trial date would be set down at the PTPH but there are occasions when that cannot be done or there is a need to break the date for other reasons.

Of course, even if set down they could always seek to vacate it for other reasons.

Obviously court serve does contain a list of trial dates but you would have to follow it every evening the night before the trial.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you - I am hoping that something more may show in the record of the further hearing when this has taken place - it was just that having been given a specific trial date I would have expected this to be recorded in the PTPH event log
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

Well, it would.

But that isn't open to the public.

Also, it could still be varied.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK that's fine, thank you for your time
Expert:  Jo C. replied 9 months ago.

No problem.

All the best