Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I feel that I was ill advised by the FSA to accept a

Customer Question

I feel that I was ill advised by the FSA to accept a compensation pay out of £1500 pounds as full settlement for a miss sold pension.I feel this has cost me approximately £80000 up to present date as I have never received the amount of pension and cash lump I was promised do I have a case against the FSA
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Does it say full and final settlement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was in full & final settlement.
Is this case covered by the 6 year statute of limitation
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

When was settlement please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The settlement letter dated July 2003
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Its bad news I am afraid. As you have indicated there is the Limitation Act 1980 which means you had 6 years to bring a claim.

As its over that time it is statue barred.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help & reply obviously there is no need for me to proceed with this any furtherRegards ***** *****
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

All the best Margaret. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.