13262538

My ex wife and i separated 6 years ago now at first 1 was

Customer Question

my ex wife and i separated 6 years ago now at first 1 was seeing the children twice a week but over time this got reduced and ultimately I've now not seen the children for the last 3 years despite several attempts to regain visitation through private arrangements all contact has been denied the only way i can contact them is by post as every time I've attempted to visit it's just caused stress and tension between us and i don't have any contact details even her family wont pass on messages as they don't want to be seen to "take sides"
Please can you advise me of the best action to take so that i may get to see my children
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How old are the chidlren?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my son is 11 years old and my daughter is 9 years old
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

The law says that children are entitled to a relationship with both parents and the courts will enforce this if necessary

Your starting point is to attend a Mediation Information and Assessment meeting (a MIAM) with a Family Mediator

If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out the time that the children should spend with you

This is done using a form C100 available here

https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/c100-eng.pdf

the fee is £215

I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details