Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like to claim back rental and deposit (400+400) for

Hi, I would like to claim back rental and deposit (400+400) for a room I rented privately. I was more or less forced to move out after 1 week of what was supposed to be a 4 month tenancy. This was due to unreasonable behaviour by the live in landlady which culminated in me being locked out with my money, wallet, phone and laptop that I needed for work inside the house.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie,
Thanks. She's now repaid the deposit.
Mike
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!