12826847

I work in a local supermarket store, just relocated 6 weeks.

Customer Question

I work in a local supermarket store, just relocated 6 weeks. I was feeling slightly unwell at the start of my shift, 4 hours in I took a banana and ate it with the intention of paying for it in my break. My assistant regional manager was there and said nothing at the time, but then reported it to the store manager. The store manager asked me if I did this and I acknowledge that I did but was going to pay for this at my break. He then said this was theft and suspended me!!!. I did pay for the item before I left shift. After my hearing they have now decided that is was gross misconduct and have gave me notice of termination. I am intending to appeal Is there any help or advice, Kind Regards Scott
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

How long have you worked there for? Also, please can you clarify whether you had paid before the store manager had questioned you about it? Thank you

Hello, not sure if you saw my initial query above - How long have you worked there for? Also, please can you clarify whether you had paid before the store manager had questioned you about it? Thank you