Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor

Horse insurers will not refund my deposit for a holiday

Customer Question

white horse insurers will not refund my deposit for a holiday booked 6th June 2016 for July 2017. My daughter was admitted to hospital for blood transfusions. She had liver problems but we were told if she refrained from consuming alcohol she would be left with scarring of the liver but could be ok. Unfortunately I did not inform the insurers about the situation I hoped it would be ok. We booked the holiday with ***** ***** and I paid £1200.00 deposit. I also received a free child place for my grandson but still had to pay the deposit. I also paid the doctor £25.00 for the medical of which I knew very little about my daughter's state of health until the report was received.
I therefore would like some advice on which direction I should take now or if there is no possibility of no refund whatsoever? Rosemary Hopkins
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What do the terms say about refund of deposit? Or is it the insurers you want to pursue?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I wish to pursue my claim for a refund of my deposit paid to White Horse Insurance
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your assistance. I will contact the insurers immediately.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!