13262538

My step daughter drinks like there is no tomorrow, yesterday

my step daughter drinks like there is no tomorrow, yesterday social services put a report through her door telling her to come to a meeting about the car of her four youngest children, over the past year or so they have been in contact with the family and part of this involves talking to the children, of the four children one who is six along with many other things apparently said that his nanny, my wife touched his private parts, is seems very minor when you look at the dozen or so things that he is supposed to have said, this has upset my wife as you can well imagine, I need to give you a for instance here, the first week back to school after last Christmas he told his teacher that he did not have any dinner on Christmas day and did not get any presents, of course this from an imaginative six year old has just taken as a bit of a joke, however today there was a meeting where apparently this was discussed between my step daughter who told them that he had only seen his nanny twice since Christmas as the family has distance themselves from what has been going on now for over twenty years, surely social services can not go around making unsubstantiated claims in a written report with out some sort of proof that the six year olds remarks are true, I am so annoyed that I rang them this afternoon and they put the phone down, can I sue SS for 1, making unfounded allegations, putting this into the public domain like this
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.

For clarity this was in a report which has been prepared for possible Care Proceedings stating what the child has said - is that correct?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
where do I go with this???
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

I am sorry but there is no action that you or your wife can take regarding this - put simply this is not a matter in which she has any rights at all

This is a report which is prepared for a specific purpose - potential Care Proceedings.

In it what the child has said is reported since it is a sign that there is something seriously wrong at home - either it happened (which is bad) or it in invented - which is a disturbing thing for a child of that age to do - so it is clear evidence of the need for intervention.

The allegation was not "put into the public domain" it is part of a confidential Social Work report prepared in potential Care Proceedings and as such should not hav ebeen shared with anyone else by the mother or anyone else involved in the assessment

This is why Social Services would not discuss it with you

I am sorry to have to have been so blunt. Do please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thanks for your help
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

You are most welcome