31090051

I was trying to apply for a university in the UK as an

Customer Question

Hey, i was trying to apply for a university in the UK as an international student for post graduate degree, however they said i cannot apply because they do not accept students with my nationality, i just wanted to know if this is a legal step by universities in the UK, and should i bother to apply to other universities and colleges or i will find a very hard time to find education because of my nationality, i feel very bad about it and just want to know if this is legal or not.
i hold an Egyptian nationality.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 9 months ago.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello nicola, thanks for reaching out.I can wait.Thanks.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

This is not a general rule in the U.K. If you Google search "Egyptian AND UK University" you will find a list of many universities who welcome Egyptian students for study. You can apply to one of them. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi, so is it legal for a university to refuse to accept students from a specific nationality?
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

It depends. Which university has refused you and what is the reason?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a small university in England, and the reason they said was that, " We don't accept students from your nationality".
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

That is a breach of section 91(1) of the Equality Act 2010 and would be actionable unless they have a reason to justify their decision.