13262538

A firend arrested in UK because he got angry at the bank and

Customer Question

A firend arrested in UK because he got angry at the bank and threw stuff in the office and smashed things he has to pay a fine by MOnday but his money has not cleared at the bank what is the process of his court hearing is he going to go to jail
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He has no readily available cash it's all tied up at the bank waiting for it to clear he's afraid he will go to jail after his hearing. Don't they try and figure a solution before that happens especially when they find out the money is there it just hasn't cleared?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 11 months ago.

May we have the background details and the timescale and the amount of money involved here please? As much background detail as possible would be helpful. Thanks.

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

I know that this is a strange question but is this a good friend whom you have met in person?

I ask because the situation you describe is not realistic in the Uk and is similar to stories used to scam people on the internet.

If your friend had been issued with a Penalty Fine Notice he would have 28 days in which to pay it.

If he does not believe that the fine is justified he can ask for the matter to go to court - which will be in a few weeks.

If he fails to pay the fine after 28 days he will face a bigger fine.

Cheques clear within 10 days at most.

Please ask if you need further details