12826847

My 11 year old son has been called into headmasters office

Customer Question

My 11 year old son has been called into headmasters office about a out of school incident and asked to write a statement about this he came home and told us about incident i phoned school and the school have told me this is not a school matter but would hand the statement he was told to write at school to the police is this allowed without us being told about any such incident
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Is there any reason you think he may not be?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i don't understand you question i need to know if the police come knocking on my door if the statement he wrote at school can be used without our knowledge of this incident until our son came home as school say its not a school matter why would they make my son write a statement without any repetition or our agreement
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

Well, I'm not sure how to phrase it differently.

It is not a question of why would they.

It is a question of why should they not.

There is nothing unlawful in this. on the face of it, it would seem an inconsistent position to take but that doesn't make it unlawful. The statement might very well be disallowed as hearsay confession but that is another issue.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 months ago.

No problem.

All the best.