Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased a rise and recliner chair 2 September2016 I paid

Customer Question

I purchased a rise and recliner chair 2 September2016 I paid in full £2144.00The chair has had to be returned to the recliner factory to be put right as the seating sloped Badley to right hand side ,it is a lot of money to be dissatisfied .Is there any chance I could cancel my purchase?and receive money return .I am so uncomfortablele they have loaned me a chair which is making my back worse than ever.The chair I have sent back is also being fitted with duel motor to which I have had to pay another £380 pounds Do hope you can help I am 87 years old and do not know my rights Many thanks Mrs Jean Powis Email address***@******.***
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.