12826847

I took one step into the road having only looked one way and

Customer Question

i took one step into the road having only looked one way and was struck by a car. thankfully i wasnt badly injured only sustaining a broken finger and a grazed knee. the driver has gotten intouch looking for money to cover the damage to her car. she said that she did see me but did not brake quickly enough to avoid me. am i liable for the damages?
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 10 months ago.

How exactly did your finger and knee damage her car?

Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
my finger was broken as a result of falling over after being struck by the car and my knee the same. the dents i presume are from my body hitting the left wing of her car?

What dents, have you seen photographs, several quotations to fix the dents?

I think had the car hit you hard enough to get dented your leg would be broken.

Michael

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she has been on the phone tonight claiming all sorts of damages. ive asked her to send me copies of all the quotations that seemingly amount to over £1200! her left wing mirror did come right off. but i didnt see any dents at the time? she asked me if i was insured. i am but i dont see what differance that makes as i was walking? does she have any right to expect me to pay for the damages?

As a pedestrian you will not be insured and you are liable for damages as you failed to check before stepping out allegedly causing loss to her.

I do not see how the wing can be dented and the wing mirror come off.

Stick to your position of requiring photographs of the alleged damage and estimates for repair. You can ask to view the vehicle to see the damage as it may show that it is old damage.

In my experience if she was slowly down and you only suffered a grazed knee I cannot see how her car got this damaged

Michael