1. Dear Cherry Christopher, I regret to say that your son doesn't have a case against the school for compensation for his bike. This is because the school were not bailees of the bike in law. Your son parked his bike at his own risk in the school car park. The school did not take his bike and agree to look after it. Instead, your son parked his bike at his own risk in the school car park. A school car park has no liability for vehicles or bikes parked there as owners park them there at their own risk
2. The school would have to have agreed to take charge of your son's bike in order for them to be held liable. Merely parking a bike on school property does not give rise to liability on the part of the school. It makes no difference that there might have been CCTV and it was not turned on. This does not give rise to liability on the part of the school. Accordingly, I would not advise your son to sue the school for the bike,as he is not going to win his case. Money will simply get thrown away in legal costs which will not be recouped by him.
3. Please Accept or Rate the answer as unless you do so, your Expert will not receive payment for answering your question.
4. Please Rate or Accept the answer as otherwise your Expert does not get paid by the website for answering your question.
5. You are welcome for the answer. Best wishes.