12826847

I rented a property for 12 months. At the end of the tenancy

Customer Question

I rented a property for 12 months. At the end of the tenancy the landlord retained part of my deposit for various reasons. I disputed this and, as the deposit had been held by the TDS, asked them to adjudicate. I did not agree with their findings and decided to take the matter to the Small Claims Court in order to get the balance of my deposit refunded.
The case was scheduled to be heard today but in court the defendant disputed my right to appeal against the decision of the TDS.
The judge has set aside the hearing but, in the meantime has told me to get advice as to whether I want the hearing to hear the case from scratch or just to dispute the findings of the TDS and show that, in my opinion, their decision was wrong.
Perhaps somebody could advise me on this.
Ted Mooney
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 9 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What is it you would like to know about this today please?